17 Jan Comm-Works Attends Retail’s Big Show 2016
New Year. New Digital Consumers. New IT Solutions.
NRF’s Annual Convention & EXPO has returned, and retailers everywhere will have the unique opportunity to review innovative technology solutions designed to improve customer experience. This year at Retail’s Big Show, Comm-Works will be showcasing four areas of technology to support retail omnichannel trends that include: Wireless, Connectivity, Physical Security, and Managed Services. Each technology solution offers retailers a unique set of benefits that will help modernize and improve business for consumers and employees.
IT Solutions for an Omni-Channel Approach
Wireless: Wi-Fi is a growth market. Studies show, over half of all IP traffic will originate with non-PC devices within the next few years. A reliable wireless solution provides retailers with:
- Mobility: Mobile point of sale systems free up floor space, reduce wait times, and have the ability to provide customers with paperless receipts via email.
- Business Intelligence: Gain valuable insight into the habits and movements of customers in the store.
- Additional Security: Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems or WIPS have the ability to detect rogue devices on the network, ensuring your customer data and priority business information is protected.
Connectivity: Omni-channel marketing, big data, cloud computing, and the demand for 24/7 communication is pushing technology to its limits, requiring networks to provide more bandwidth, scalability, and reliability than ever before. A connectivity solution will allow retailers:
- Consistent Network Connection: By maintaining connectivity; business continuity and data processing won’t be disturbed across a distributed enterprise network.
- Increased Productivity: Provide your company with a highly functioning and reliable system allowing your employees to work without technical setbacks.
- More IT Resources: Comm-Works has the ability to proactively monitor and manage your network, giving your IT resources time to focus on more important issues.
Physical Security: Every year, retailers report losing about 128 billion dollars in revenue worldwide due to shrinkage. According to John Ringis, Vice President of Security at Comm-Works, “A video surveillance system will pay for itself after only a few short years.” A security solution provides retailers with:
- Protection: By monitoring what happens in the store, retailers are able to protect themselves from internal theft and shoplifting.
- Safety: Create a safe environment for employers and consumers.
Managed Services: System downtime can cost retailers millions in lost revenue. With a managed service solution, retailers gain peace of mind knowing their network and their retail technology is running optimally, at all times. Comm-Works provides retailers with the following services after installation:
- Monitoring: Comm-Works takes a proactive approach and ensures your potential device and network issues are identified and resolved before they can affect your performance.
- Maintenance: Proper maintenance and equipment upkeep allows technology to continue to run effectively at all times.
- 24/7/365 Support: Comm-Works Helpdesk has an 80% average resolution rate on the first call. We handle end-users so your staff can focus on high-level
Join Comm-Works at Retail’s BIG show January, 17-19th to learn more about our different services and offerings. Our team of industry experts will be available to advise and consult on your upcoming retail technology projects.
Comm-Works is a premier IT Integrator that has experience with countless manufacturers, offering repeatable, consistent, high-quality, and timely technology installations. Comm-Works’ comprehensive Lifecycle Management is known for its superior project management services, which coordinates all aspects of an IT deployment. With 20,000+ technicians in over 120 countries, Comm-Works has global capabilities that exceed those of its competitors. Comm-Works’ 24/7/365 customer support and on-site capabilities in four hours or less give its customers confidence that their systems will be operational. Learn more at www.comm-works.com or follow us on Twitter @CommWorksIT.
Marketing Coordinator at Comm-Works
Kelsey currently serves as the Marketing Coordinator for Comm-Works. She possesses experience in the marketing and communications space, and has worked in a variety of fields including technology and retail. She holds her Bachelor of Science in Strategic Communications from the University of Minnesota in MN and in her spare time, you’ll find her discussing fashion and design, her passion for animals, and spending time with family.